I mean to post for a month, and suddenly here I find myself
in April.
Weeks
upon weeks of visiting strange and foreign lands and departure lounges, close
encounters of the human kind, and sleeping in unfamiliar beds across the UK and
America have left me with a yen to again see a place I can call home.
I
miss having a front door that was just mine.
The
last two months have become a frenzy, an attempt to write everything down so it
stays present and doesn't disappear. To see every sight, try every burger,
climb every mountain. As I approach the finish line of my time here, sightings
of me away from my desk have become rarer than the silver fox I sent scurrying
for the shrubbery as I passed on foot the other night.
It
has been the trip beyond my wildest dreams. Not always perfect (there were
those lost two months between Christmas and February.) Not my annus mirabilis.
My year of happenings and imaginings.
Life
happened to me this year. For the first time really happened. I feel like I
joined the human race. I've seen a lot, and you'll hear about it as a I madly
attempt to catch up via the blogosphere on this past month.
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment